Santiago de Agencha
It is located in the Andean region of Bolivia, at an altitude of 3740 m.s.n.m., where the cactus, the Salvia, Ricarica and Lampaya are the plants that more abundant in the region, this zone is one the greater producers of the Real Quinoa, the fauna in particular emphasizes by the cattle raising of llamas and little sheeps, also can be appreciate in the area, ostrich (suri), vicuñas, foxes, partridge and puma.
The main access is from the Uyuni city, crossing the salt flats, by the north side from Aguaquiza and by the south from landmark “hito cajones”
Public and private transportation available
- The public transportation used is the quilt bus that runs the area periodically every Wednesday from Uyuni to Colcha K, at 12:00 and returns the next day from 05:30 am.
- Tourist transport service with 4x4 cars
- On the area of the Santiago de Agencha community, the main attractions are the local culture and the nature: Uyuni city, the Colchani community, salt museums in the middle of salar, Incahuasi Island, the community has colonial church with stone vault and the circuits of Marcaqui and the path of life.
- In the neighboring Aguaquiza community is the cave of the Galaxies, the Katincha, Cañadon poterro, where there are cave paintings and the condor.
About the community and the organization
The people of the community are peasants dedicated to agriculture, they are Quinoa producers. Santiago de Agencha is a little village with a population of 50 families (280 inhabitants), with basic services and one school.
The “Santiago Jukil de Agencha” is a non-profit association, which is organized and trained to provide tourist services, and has 23 members and 12 of them are active members in the venture. The goal of the organization is to diversify local economic activities for continue to conserve their life there.
Depends on the package.
Depends on the package.
THE MAJESTIC SALAR AND THE MYSTERIOUS VOLUNTEER TUNUPA - 2 DAYS/1 NIGHT - $75
- Private transport 4×4.
- 1 night lodging at Sal Hostel with private bathroom, hot water and community service.
- Meals: 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast and 2 snacks.
- Local guide community and community activities.
- View of artisans in Colchani.
- Visit Inca Island Huasi.
- Walk along the paths of the Agencha community and visit the church.
- Visit the grotto of Galaxias.
- Visits to the circuit sites: Salar de Uyuni, Circuito Chullpas de Coquesa, Mirador Volcán Thunupa and sunset view of the salt.